Written by Sprout Cooking School & Sprout Health Studio
This is the perfect recovery meal after the City-Bay Fun Run or after a big training session. It’s nutritious and delicious and provides all the protein, carbohydrate and vitamins and minerals that you need to effectively recover from an exercise session. However, the best part is, if you aren’t likely to go home and prepare a meal after a hard workout this recipe lends itself well to reheating, or you can have all of the vegetables pre-chopped, your rice precooked and the prawns defrosted so all you need to do is throw everything in the wok and you’ll be enjoying your recovery meal before you’ve cooled down!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 300g Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 Lemongrass stem, bruised
- ¼ Bunch coriander, leaves picked and stems thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup roasted unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup green beans, topped and tailed
- 1 Green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 200ml Tinned reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 Cups cooked basmati rice
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the olive oil, then the prawns. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 seconds or until lightly browned. Remove the prawns from the wok and set aside.
- Add garlic, chilli, lemongrass and coriander stems to the wok and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Add the cashews and turmeric and cook for another minute. Add half the spring onions, green beans and capsicum. Stir in the fish sauce, brown sugar and coconut milk and cook for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return the prawns to the wok and warm through. Discard the lemongrass.
- Divide rice between serving bowls and spoon over prawn stir fry. Top with remaining spring onions and coriander.
- Energy: 1708kJ (408cal)
- Protein: 24.4g
- Sodium: 1243mg
- Fat: 14.0g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Sat Fat: 4.9g
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Fibre: 6.8g