The 6k run/walk from Kurralta Central Shopping Centre, creates another iconic section of the City-Bay Fun Run.
But just as is the case at the 12km start you will find lots of families and friends who contribute to an atmosphere of excitement and anticipation. So why not join in the fun, bring your family set a goal and register to participate. You may have some family members who want to do the 12km and others that want to do the 6km that’s OK, just meet up at the end amongst the Village entertainment on the reserves at the Bay.
Your entry fee not only allows you to participate in the iconic City-Bay Fun Run, but also includes the following goodies:
- A Race Day Guide(with over $200 worth of vouchers and discounts)
- Free transport(to and from the finish lines and start lines up until 2:00pm on event day)
- Free water
- City-Bay Fun Run(participants race medal)
- Free bragging rights(for finishing the event!)
To obtain a child’s entry fee the participants must be 16 years of age or under on race day.
Children aged 3 and under can participate in a pram with no race number, provided they stay in the pram. Unfortunately due to growing numbers and insurance, running with a pram will not be allowed. This is to comply with risk management requirements. Walking with a pram is permitted.
2 adults and 2 kids, second kid goes free. You must create a ‘Family Team’ on the registration page to avail of this offer.
Start / Finish times
Faster runners will be asked to move to the front – your start will be after 8:30am when deemed appropriate by the EM. Your course will take you from Kurralta Central Shopping Centre to Morphett Road where you will then cross over to the Southern Carriageway.
Your course will take you from Kurralta Central Shopping Centre to Morphett Road where you will then cross over to the Southern Carriageway.
The event finish line is on Colley Terrace. As you head towards Glenelg, you will be directed by police and race marshals to head to Jetty Rd, either via Brighton Road or Gordon Street. When travelling along Jetty Road please be aware of the tram lines and take care turning the corner from Jetty Road onto Colley Terrace.
As you run through the finish, you will be approached by a marshal with a timing wand. This is a necessary double check and finalisation of your time.
- Do not arrange to meet friends or family in the compound - keep moving!
- Do not stop on the finish line. Walk quickly through the channels past the marshals with the timing wands.
- Water will be available in the compound.
- Do not hand in your TAG/RACE NO. it is a keepsake!
- All activities and entertainment will be held on Colley and Wigley Reserves.