City-Bay again offers a half marathon at the event - 21.1!
Over the years we have had many participants ask for a longer distance and we are delighted to continue to offer the 21.1km event. The half marathon is a WORLD ATHLETICS-AIMS Certified course. We do recommend that anybody entering the half marathon should be able to run faster than a 7 MINUTE KM. This will ensure you won’t clash with the 12km runners who will be starting at 8:00am. Children 14 years and younger CANNOT compete in the HALF MARATHON.
Your entry fee not only allows you to participate in the iconic City-Bay Fun Run, but also includes the following goodies:
- A Race Day Guide
- Free transport(to and from the finish lines and start lines up until 2:00pm on event day)
- Free Mount Lofty water and Hydralfye Electrolyte Fluid
- PARTICIPANTS RACE MEDAL
- Free bragging rights(for finishing the event!)
Start / Finish times
The half marathon runners will leave from Colley Terrace, Glenelg at 6:00am and head towards the city on the Southern side of Anzac highway. You will run along until making a left turn onto Morphett St before heading along Sturt St, then joining the 12km course on King William St. There will be no wave starts. Running with prams is not allowed.
The event finish line is on Colley Terrace. As you head towards Glenelg, you will be directed by police and race marshals to head to Jetty Rd, either via Brighton Road or Gordon Street. When travelling along Jetty Road please be aware of the tram lines and take care turning the corner from Jetty Road onto Colley Terrace.
As you run through the finish, you will be approached by a marshal with a timing wand. This is a necessary double check and finalisation of your time.
- DO NOT STOP ON THE FINISH LINE. WALK QUICKLY THROUGH THE CHANNELS PAST THE MARSHALS WITH THE TIMING WANDS.
- DO NOT ARRANGE TO MEET FRIENDS OR FAMILY IN THE COMPOUND - KEEP MOVING!
- DO NOT HAND IN YOUR TAG/RACE NO. IT IS A KEEPSAKE!